Our overall aim at Rosehill School is to ensure that children and young people are effectively safeguarded from any potential risk of harm and that the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people is of the highest priority in all aspects of the school’s work. We ensure that all members of the school community are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection and fully support the school’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Safeguarding is everybody’s business!
We ensure that all our children and young people are safe and feel safe; that children, parents/carers and staff are able to talk about any safeguarding concerns and feel assured that they will be listened to; and that all staff and volunteers are aware of and implement safeguarding procedures and guidance, including what to do if they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of harm.
If you have any concerns about a children in school please contact one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads, either via the school phone number 0115 9155815, or by email.
Rosehill School Safeguarding Team
(Lead DSL in Headteachers Absence)
Deputy DSL & Parent Liaison
Upper School Department Lead
Middle School Department Lead
Our safeguarding policies and child friendly safeguarding policies can be found here
Our Safeguarding poster for young people
Reporting a Concern of Abuse or Neglect
If you have concerns that a child you know is at risk of serious harm through Abuse or Neglect it is important that you report your worries to the correct agency.
Who to Contact
- If you believe that a child is at immediate risk and in need of protection then you should call the Police - 999 immediately.
- Alternatively, if you feel the child is a risk of abuse or neglect, but not in immediate need of protection, you should call the Police on 101.
Nottingham City's Safeguarding Children Partnership (NCSCP)
- Please follow this link for local information and contact details for reporting any concern
Children's Social Care
- If you make the decision to contact Children's Social Care, and the child or young person lives in Nottingham city, please call 0115 876 4800.
- Children and Families Direct is operational Monday to Friday at 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Outside of these hours, the telephone number should be used for emergency safeguarding enquiries only.
- You may be worried about the repercussions of reporting your concerns to Children's Social Care, both for yourself and your family. The person making the call will always be asked for their name and contact details - so you can be contacted again if needed. However, you can ask for your details to remain confidential, or provide information anonymously.
- If you are an adult who wants to speak to someone because you are worried about a child's safety or wellbeing but are not sure what to do, you can phone the NSPCC Free Helpline on 0808 800 5000.
We take advice from the Nottingham City Safeguarding Children Partnership and current DfE guidance. Rosehill School's Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy reflects current legislation, best practice and complies with the government guidance: