Equality and Diversity at Rosehill School
Equality of opportunity at Rosehill School is based on the following core values:
The ethos of the school supports the development of self-respect and self-esteem in all pupils, staff and the community it serves. We place a high value on diversity and treat every member of the school as an individual. In this respect, we aim to meet the needs of all, taking account of gender, ethnicity, culture, religion, language, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability and social circumstances. All staff are aware of the need for the curriculum to reflect cultural diversity and of the need to prepare pupils for life in a diverse society. Rosehill School is opposed to all forms of prejudice and discrimination.
- To ensure that all children/pupils have equal access to an appropriate curriculum which is not based upon their race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, physical or intellectual potential.
- To enable everyone to contribute to, gain from, and be valued as a member of the school community.
- Respect and celebrate all within the school community for their individuality, whatever their race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, physical or intellectual potential.
- To ensure that all staff are supplied with sufficient information in school to allow them to do their job efficiently.
- To ensure that no member of staff is limited in their employment at Rosehill by reasons of race, gender, faith, age or sexual orientation.
- To ensure that all staff have access to training in equal opportunity issues.
- To provide an efficient means to investigate any incidents or concerns where the equal opportunities of members of the school community have been compromised.
For further information about the schools Equality and Diversity Policy please follow this link.