Careers Education and Employability at Rosehill School
At Rosehill School pupils access learning opportunities and develop the skills and attitudes required to enable them to become as independent as possible and to prepare for successful and fulfilled adult life. We aim to equip our pupils with the skills, hobbies and interests which will allow them to engage with daily living with as much independence as possible and enjoy every day of their life when they live Rosehill. In order to achieve that we offer our learners access to a range of activities and experiences, so they could develop their long-term preferences and interest.
A careers programme is being developed in KS3-5 to cover the D2N2 employability goals (http://www.d2n2schools.co.uk/employability-framework) which links to the employability action plan and careers local enterprise grant which enables school to provide access to work related learning and practical work experience. This is linked into the wider enterprising work and school development plans.
The goals are:
1. Every young person leaving school to aim to have at least 6 purposeful and impact measured employer interventions by the time they reach 16.
2. Every young person to have access to impartial, independent and personalised careers education which includes information and advice of the full range of opportunities available to them within their local community and across the Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire area.
3. Every secondary school to have access to a dedicated Employer Advisor who works with the school at a strategic level to help them to:
4. Every secondary school to have a governor with oversight for monitoring and reviewing the impact and success of support to all students in relation to Careers, Enterprise and Employability.
5. Every secondary school and college to have access to up-to-date, user friendly labour market information (LMI)
6. Every secondary school to commit to delivering the D2N2 Employability Framework.
We support learners to identify and consider their future options, realise their potential and decide how their skills and experiences fit with opportunities in the job market. We prepare students for their preferred pathway through access to work related learning, careers guidance, internal and external work placements and careers teaching.
For further information about our Careers Education please contact our Schools Careers Leaders Tamara Riddell (KS3 - 5 Phase Leader) firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Careers World of Work Policy can be found below