Modern Foreign Languages
At Rosehill School, Foreign Languages is taught at KS2, and Modern Foreign Languages & Cultures at KS3.
Through the use of eclectic communication (Makaton, signs and symbols, and communication tools such as PECs), and the teaching of different languages and cultures, pupils will be provided with a range of experiences and achievements which will contribute to enriching their life. They will gain enjoyment and an appreciation of different countries, cultures, communities and people, and further develop their communication and social skills.
For our pupils an understanding of the world around them may be their immediate world-such as the room they are in, the area in the school and the journey they make from the transport they arrive on to their classroom. Moving beyond this, pupils may extend to the area they live in and even further afield.
In EYFS-KS3, we build on this by providing exciting, enjoyable and relevant links for our learners by:
- Respond to aspects of cultural awareness through sensory investigation
- Respond to songs, rhymes and greeting in a foreign language
- Be aware of similarities and differences in people, countries and cultures
- Make connections in their learning with other curriculum subjects
- Lay the foundations for lifelong language learning
- Links with Fundamental British Values (FBV) and Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education (SMSC)
MFL Long-Term Plans
Further Information and Evidence of Impact
For further information regarding our MFL Curriculum, please contact:
Katie Stevenson firstname.lastname@example.org