Class 9 (Cube)
Welcome to class 9
Timetable and Topic Web Spring
Meet the staff
Class 9 is supported by:
Class teachers - Laura and Ava
Teaching Assistants - Jane, Jackie, Daniella, Frankie and Nicci
Class 9 are supported by 5 Teaching Assistants and 2 Acting Teachers
Our Classroom Environment
Like the other classes at Rosehill we have a suite of rooms, each with a specific purpose:
- Group room – for whole group ‘circle’ activities including ‘hello’ group, some curriculum lesson and ‘transition times’
- 2 work rooms for 1:1 work sessions.
- 2 activity rooms – for curriculum lessons as well as painting, craft activities, messy play, construction toys etc.
Also used for snack time.
- 1 balance room – an environment where pupils can relax and take a little time to themselves, interact and communicate with staff or enjoy the equipment on offer.
- The class has direct access to an enclosed playground area for outdoor activities.
- We also have a toilet cubicle within the classroom as well as additional urinals and a personal care room close by.
By structuring our classroom environment, we can reduce the anxiety many of the children experience as a result of being unsure of what is expected of them or what will come next. For instance, they know the type of activities to expect when in the group area and they know our expectations of them e.g. they are expected to sit on their chairs. They are 'cued' into an activity by physically moving to the appropriate area.
This structure extends to our timetable which, although not the same each day, has certain fixed 'points of reference', such as morning 'hello' group, snack time, dinner time, afternoon group. We use a symbolic timetable to give the children a clear visual sequence of their day. Once we have this structure in place, we can introduce gradual variations so that the children become better able to cope with unexpected changes and new experiences
Take a look at some of the great work we have been doing...