Welcome to Class 14- Merlin
Class 14 have 10 pupils with four full time and one part time member of staff . Rachael is the class teacher who is supported by a fantastic team who work brilliantly with the pupils to support their learning.
This year classes are named after birds, we are class Merlin- the smallest bird of prey in the UK.. Class 14 have chosen Merlin as our bird because its population has been badly threatened by pesticide use and we want to look into ways to conserve this beautiful bird as part of our endangered animals topic in the second half of the summer term.
Meet our team....
Like the other classes at Rosehill we have a suite of rooms, each with a specific purpose:
- Group room – for whole group activities including morning group, lessons and small group activites.
- 1 activity room– for independent/guided work activities, art and crafts and messy sensory activities. This room is also used for snack and dinner time.
- 1 work room for 1:1 work sessions.
- 1 reading/sensory room for looking at books or engaging in sensory exploration.
- 1 balance room – an environment where pupils can relax and take a little time to themselves, interact and communicate with staff or enjoy the equipment on offer.
- We also have an outside area for outdoor play.
Important days for Class 14- Merlin:
Monday afternoon: PE, please remember to bring your sports kit.
Wednesday afternoon: Sports Afternoon, please remember to bring your PE kit.
Friday afternoon:Community inclusion- walking and using the school minibus.
In cooking/ Meal Preparation we are designing and making our own snacks. After we are evaluating our cooking, whether we liked it or not and if we could do anything to improve it. We are also understanding how to stay safe in the kitchen.
In ICT we are using the internet to search for information about shops e.g. opening times, online shopping. We are also using IWB to produce different effects and patterns.
In maths we are understanding the awareness in the world all around use, by the use of numbers in everyday activities.
In work experience we are either working in the school café, school kitchen, training kitchen or even alongside the site manager, through this we learn the value of working in a team and increase independence.